Montague Balloon Fair occurs every year during late September in the scenic Shasta Valley off the north face of majestic Mt Shasta. This year our hot air balloonists will be flying from 25-27 September. For more detail on all our events and everything to do in and around Shasta Valley, go to our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter (#MBFSep25). You can also email David at email@example.com.
This is a free event, open to the public. Parking, which is right at the launch site, is also free, with donations much appreciated to The American Association of University Women (AAUW) the community service organization volunteering to help make parking smooth and safe. Some of the activities include:
· Balloons ascending at dawn Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, weather permitting.
· Shasta Valley Rotary having coffee, hot chocolate, and donuts for sale just before dawn every morning as the balloons prepare to fly (bring a jacket and a flashlight.)
· Just a bit later the Elks Club serving a full breakfast each morning.
· Friday evening the Rotary Club of Scott Valley presenting a delicious dinner with a full bar and show at the Montague Community Center. The Marlahan Mustard Mystery will be presented ‘live’ on stage, a two act play.
· Saturday evening the Shasta Valley Rotary Club serving on our well known ‘Top Sirloin BBQ Dinner’ at the Montague Community Center, with a beer and wine bar.
Watch for more information and pictures on their Facebook Page.